Psa. 142:5 - The Lord Is My Refuge And Portion



Jimmy Lau

Psa 142:5  I cried unto thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my refuge and my portion in the land of the living. 

In this world, many find their refuge and portion in material possessions. The world is in a pandemic and a recession. If you have money saved up in the banks or if your job is secured, you have a good refuge and portion. But all the earthly refuge and portions cannot redeem our souls from a greater disaster – DEATH! Psalm 49:6 and 7 says: “They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches; None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him.”  Riches cannot buy us a place in heaven.
 
Jeremiah wrote: “The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him” (Lamentations 3:24). Someone cleverly stated it this way: "Serve the Lord, the benefits package is out of this world!"
 
Christ is the world’s only answer for their sins. God made Christ the refuge for anyone who sought refuge in His only begotten Son (John 3:16). Our Lord says: “If ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins” (John 8:24b). When we have Jesus, we have a safe refuge and the greatest portion.


留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

1 Tim 2:12 Woman's Silence

RETURN TO THE LORD 歸向神 (Joel 約珥書2:13-14)

The Woman that Hath a Familiar Spirit 交鬼的婦人 (1 Sam 28)