Psa. 138:8 The Lord Will Perfect That Concerns Me




Jimmy Lau 

Psa 138:8  The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O LORD, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands. 

The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me – “Perfect” as used here means to bring it to completion. God will complete what He has begun. 

What are the things that concern David that God will bring them to fruition? First and foremost is the kingdom. God promised David the kingship; David is confident He will bring it to pass. Never mind the current setbacks he is facing; David believes God will remove all those obstacles one by one until he is crowned king. 

Life is not about not having obstacles but clearing obstacles. God allows us to go through trials to help us learn and grow: “Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me” (v.7). We will never arrive at a point where God says: “Alright, this is as far as I can accompany you. From here onwards, you are on your own; it's yours now. Take care and goodbye!” God will never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews13:5). 

People and situations in life will sometimes disappoint us but God will never disappoint us. This is our comfort: “The LORD will perfect that which concerneth me.” Whatever that concern us, God will perfect them. It’s comforting to know that God has plans for us. We know they are good plans: “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope” (Jeremiah 29:11). 

The question is: Will we follow His plans? The ESV translates verse 8a thus: “The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me.” It reminds us that God has a purpose for everyone. He has a purpose for you and for me. Mordecai told Esther: “And who knows whether you have not come to the kingdom for such a time as this?” (Esther 4:14).



留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

1 Tim 2:12 Woman's Silence

RETURN TO THE LORD 歸向神 (Joel 約珥書2:13-14)

The Woman that Hath a Familiar Spirit 交鬼的婦人 (1 Sam 28)